Friday, 31 March
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Paraguayan Olympic Committee, Edificio Tricolor
The Business Forum “Latin America and the Caribbean: An agenda of growth and development,” to take place in parallel with the Annual Meetings of the Inter-American Development Bank and the Inter-American Investment Corporation, will bring together the region’s private sector leaders and high-level government officials who will analyze key issues for promoting sustained economic growth rooted in increased productivity.
Presenters will address the challenges and opportunities faced by the region, such as promoting food security and the development of agribusiness, stimulating qualified human capital formation and creating conditions to promote innovation and increased productivity, and the investment in the infrastructure needed to enhance competitive integration into the global economy.
Among others, the forum will include the following speakers:
- Jay Collins (Vice Chairman of Corporate and Investment Banking, Citi)
- Romaine Seguin (President, Latin America, UPS)
- Andrés Rebolledo (Minister of Energy of Chile)
- Ramón Jiménez Gaona Arellano (Minister of Public Works and Communications, Paraguay)
- James Scriven (CEO, Inter-American Investment Corporation)
- Clemente del Valle (President, Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional)
- Trinidad Jiménez (Director of Global Strategy for Public Affairs, Telefónica S.A.)
- Marcelo Secco (CEO, Marfrig Cono Sur)
- Juan Carlos Pettengill (Executive Director, Frigorífico Guaraní)
- Xiang Xingchu (CEO, JAC Motors, China)
- Nobumitsu Hayashi (COO and Senior Managing Director Japan Bank for International Cooperation)
- Andrew Wheatley (Minister of Energy, Science and Technology of Jamaica)
- Florencia Bedacarratz (Director, Dow AgroSciences Latin America South)
- Andrea Grobocopatel (President, Los Grobo SGR)
- Oscar Vicente Scavone (President, Laboratorio de Productos Éticos)
- Constanza Suárez (Director of Human Capital, Softtek)
- Sônia Hess (Member of the Board of Directors and former President & CEO, Dudalina)
During the forum, the Republic of Paraguay will present its new country brand, as well as investment opportunities in diverse and vibrant sectors of its economy. The forum will also provide an ideal venue for participants to interact, promote the identification of business opportunities in the region, and foster constructive dialogue between the public and private sectors on issues of mutual interest.