Workshop - Neglected Tropical Diseases: From Planning to Action
06 Jun 2013
07 Jun 2013
Recife, Brazil , Brazil
Thanks to all the participants of the Workshop "Neglected Tropical Diseases: From Planning to Action"!
The presentations are now available on the menu on the left. You can also see below a selection of pictures of the event, which took place in Recife, Brazil, on June 6th and 7th 2013:
This workshop aimed at sharing the experiences of neglected tropical diseases projects implemented in Latin America and the Caribbean under the NTD Initiative for LAC. By sharing lessons learned, and successful integration models, this event provided the attendees with first-hand knowledge on how to design and execute effective NTD programs that can achieve long-lasting solutions. The agenda of this event featured the following sessions:
• Methodologies for the design and implementation of projects for NTDs.
• Water, Sanitation and NTDs: An opportunity to achieve long-lasting solutions for public health problems.
• Situation of NTDs in Brazil: a local, state and federal view.
• Learning from each other: The experiences in fighting NTDs in Guyana, Malawi, Mexico, Haiti, Colombia and Honduras.
• Monitoring and evaluation tools for NTD control and elimination projects, particularly for deworming initiatives.
DATE AND VENUE
June 6th and 7th 2013
Auditorium of IMIP
Rua dos Coelhos, 300 Boa Vista, Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil
Ignez Tristao, Senior Specialist Social Protection and Health Division, IDB: Ignezt@iadb.org
Agustin Caceres, Social Protection and Health Division, IDB: email@example.com
Daniela Philipp, Social Protection and Health Division, IDB: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the event visit: